Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back on track

Short and sweet on this post.  After Ragnar Relay beat me up and my little hamstring issue the following week, I'm back on track.  A solid 70 mile week.  Quality over quantity.  There will be a time for higher mileage, but this early in my comeback isn't it.  Thoughts for the week:

Sub 4 hours might not be a good goal for me at Baker Lake.  I'm thinking 3:45 or faster.

No more hill repeats on the hill next to Civic.  Asphalt sucks.

Is there a better track for T pace than Fairhaven Middle School?  Soft surface.  Some slight terrain variation and a slight rise.  And the view is amazing.  The bay view is amazing.

Hammer Perpetuem chewables aren't bad.  Small handheld isn't bad either, but impossible to not have sticky hands.  Still need to test more nutrition options in the next two weeks.

The Saucony Hurricanes have some studs.  Some familiar names.  Feeling the pressure to go sub 1:10 for the half, even on the Seattle course.

An Omnium made up of three mile races on Mt. Baker sounds incredibly cool.  Hopefully Charlie Heggem can put it all together.  Will make for a tough decision between Waterfront 15k and the Uphill, Loop, and Downhill miles.

Itching to race but not ready yet.

Club XC Nationals could be back in the picture.

I started a rant about food and I couldn't finish it.  It got overwhelming.  Stay tuned.  It will happen.

2 comments:

  1. There are way too many places to do hills in this town to be running asphalt. Use the trails behind Civic that the NWC course uses. 0-400 meters pure trail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you run from your place to Whatcom Falls and then cross Alabama toward where I use to live on the top of the next hill, I'd think that'd be a pretty flat warm up. Then, you could power up and down the trails behind Barkley village. I can't recall how muddy they get in the rain, but I think it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete