Sunday, August 21, 2011

Follow up to the food rant. Meal planning with Evernote.

      Since I just went on a semi-rant about the state of our food, I thought I'd share this.  I've done this 2 of the last three weeks for my meals.  I've been using Evernote, which is great to organize my thoughts.  I clipped the contents from our Dandelion Organic Delivery to Evernote, and then searched my recipe book for some tasty sounding meals I could make using what I'd be receiving in our bin.  I'd say its a success.  I can access Evernote on my phone, check off the ingredient boxes as I put them into my cart, and I'm good to go. No forgetting items (hopefully, but I can still make it happen).

     Also, when we went to the farmers market, we talked to the guy who sells spinach and other greens to the Market on Lakeway.  Definitely a "Deep Economy-esque" moment.  And the tomatoes there are phenomenal now!  And guys, go get flowers for the girl in your life from the market.  Beautiful and priced right.



Check out my link to see the food planning from Evernote.
Evernote Meal Planning

No comments:

Post a Comment